OUR BIO-SOURCED POLYAMIDE FROM THE CASTOR PLANT
Our commitment to women's well-being and health is at the heart of our creative process, for ethical lingerie. We are constantly looking for the best innovative and sustainable materials that meet our commitment to creating pieces that do no harm to people or the planet.
For our first collection, we chose a high-quality fabric made from a bio-sourced polyamide derived from castor oil, a natural and renewable resource.
Entirely made in Italy, its manufacturing process has been patented by our partner for its technical and environmental performance. Its signature texture makes it a first choice fabric for making our ethical lingerie pieces.
HOW IS OUR FABRIC MADE?
Castor is a plant often used in cosmetics in the form of hair oil. It is mainly grown in hot and arid areas of the world. The castor oil used to make the yarn used by our partner is grown in India using sustainable farming principles.
Castor oil has many advantages: its cultivation is very simple and does not compete with food crops, it grows in fallow or very unusable areas, it requires little water and no chemical inputs such as pesticides to grow.
AN INNOVATIVE AND PATENTED MANUFACTURING PROCESS
Recognized for its technical and environmental performance, our fabric has been patented on a European scale by our supplier.
- Its manufacturing saves 20% water and energy compared to traditional manufacturing techniques for a fabric of the same structure. More precisely, our partner reduces its consumption by 2,500 liters of water for 1,000 meters of fabric manufactured and its greenhouse gas emissions by 20kg;
- During the manufacturing process no substances considered toxic to human health and the environment are used;
- The finishes are carried out using environmentally friendly techniques and inputs.
WHAT ARE THE PROPERTIES OF OUR FABRIC?
Our Italian partner has designed a high quality fabric particularly recognized for:
· Its lightness and softness
· Its bacteriostatic nature (anti-odor)
· Its hypoallergenic properties
· Its great breathability
· Its increased resistance to pilling and abrasion
· Its ultra-fast drying
WHAT ARE OUR PARTNER’S COMMITMENTS?
Our partner has banned all substances from its manufacturing processes
chemicals harmful to human health and the environment. All fabrics manufactured are certified and follow the following regulations and labels, in order to offer you ethical lingerie:
· OEKO-TEX Standard 100
· ZDHC MRSL
· GB 18401
· PROPOSITION 65
· KOREAN QUALITY SAFETY INDICATION